Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Social Media Share & Follow buttons and Threads we want you to be familiar with!

Follow Affilipede!

Share this Page!

Affiliates

The Writing Hut
A Few Words From Wayne Miller To The Members Of Affiliforums
The Three Word Minimum ~ Images ~ And Sharing ~
Affilipede Is Seeking New Clients *~
Banner ad submissions
Ad Space Available on Affilipede and Affiliforums
Become an Affilipede Affiliate
General Feedback
Affiliforums ~ If You Like Us ~ Like Us On Facebook ~
Affilipede Is On Twitter Too ~ Follow Us ~
I Dare Someone To Come Forth And Show Me A Program That Really Makes Money ~
The Post That Never Ends ~ Or The Continuing Story By Everyone That Writes Next ~

Protected by Copyscape Unique Content Check
Welcome to Affiliforums. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

CLICK HERE

Are you having trouble registering? Please take a look at our simple walkthrough. CLICK HERE!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
  • Pages:
Now Serving Comfort On A Plate ~
Topic Started: Aug 28 2013, 11:47 AM (36,441 Views)
Glados

Posted Image

First off, let me say, I'm a southern gal. If anyone knows anything about the south, it's that we like to eat. We come together with family and friends to celebrate any occasion (even some made up) and laugh and eat and have a good time. Casseroles, BBQ, sides, salads, desserts... it all ends up on a buffet style table and we just dig in! That being said, we also like the non-committal way of having a family feast and that is congregating at our favorite restaurants and letting the experts cook and clean whilst we enjoy the delicious flavors of our all time favorite dishes.

Although, to me, it may seem hard to pick out a dish that just stands heads and tails above the rest, I do believe I have picked a dish that best describes what I love most about eating. True to my southern roots, it's gonna be smothered in gravy and fried... what respectable southerner could choose otherwise? Yes, I am talking about Chicken Fried Steak (I'm practically drooling now), mashed potatoes with white peppered gravy, fried apples and green beans! I would be crazy if I didn't tell you where to find the best in the country, so if you are ever in Gulf Shores and find a Lambert's... for heaven's sake stop and eat til they have to "roll" you outta there! By the way, don't forget that the homemade thrown rolls are a must to sop (yes, I said sop) up the gravy and potatoes!

Don't be fooled by the name "chicken" fried steak...cause it has absolutely nothing to do with chicken. This deliciousness is a tenderized cube steak breaded in flour with seasonings and pan fried to perfection. Who doesn't like steak? Also, there are many ways to enjoy CFS. Some preparations include eating the CFS on a hamburger bun as a sandwich, cubed and stuffed into a baked potato with gravy and cheese, or cut up into "steak fingers" (strips) and served with french fries and gravy... hmmm seems like gravy makes the cut either way... sounds good to me!

Now that I've made myself hungry talking about my favorite dish... Why don't you tell me yours? I would love to try something different and what better way to find a new dish than for you to enlighten my senses with a description of your favorite homemade or dine-in meal?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Wayne Miller
Member Avatar
Co-Owner
Posted Image

Hi JoLee ~ You had me with that southern cookin' thing until you
said it was from a restaurant.

I'm a great cook and I love home cooking ~

I'm from Colorado and I've learned to eat and like some great food
since I moved down south.

This isn't a picture of our burrito, I don't have one handy sorry.
Still I love a great all beef and onion burrito smother in something
you can't get down here unless you make it ~ Hotter that anything
you ever ate before green chile. MMMMMM MMMmmm mmmmmm ~

If we had made that one it would be wrapped in a homemade tortilla
and covered in lettuce tomato and shredded sharp cheddar and
mozzarella cheeses and then covered in hot chile.

That's just one of my ideas of home cookin'

Cecelia McCarty
Member Avatar

Posted Image

JoLee, you are amazing!

Wow, you really got me going with this post about your sourthern food!

I do like CFS with all the same trimmings you mentioned, and then I started thinking about all of my favorite foods too.

I am afraid to admit that I just have way too many favorite foods. I had a hard time deciding what to post. Being a good cook who likes what I cook doesn't help matters either.

OK, my final decision was to post about my home made Enchilades.

I use real corn tortillas and I shred my roasted chicken. I make my own tomatoe sauce, but lately I have succumbed to using store bought shredded cheese blends. They are just too easy and save my knuckles from accidently getting scrapped when I shred my own cheeses.

I always top my Enchilades with sliced pitted olives. I hardly use olives anymore except when I make my Enchilades. They just give the dish a little something extra that makes it special.

Thanks for posting this - YOU ROCK!

Cecelia McCarty

Nathanial
Administrator
Posted Image

While it's hard for me to pick any single meal as my favorite, when it comes down to it I absolutely love eggs and thereby definition am a complete sucker for breakfast! You just can't beat the classic two egg breakfast either. Two Eggs over easy with a side of either shredded or diced fried potatoes with onion and green bell pepper cooked in, bacon/ham/sausage (mild,spicy or maple doesn't matter. They're all good!) or perhaps a pork or beef steak. Two slices of lightly browned toast, cheese toast or english muffins (preferably wheat) and a little bit of either hot salsa or hot green chili. Serve me up one of these and I'm in dreamland! MMMmm hmmm do I love me some breakfast!

I also love waffles, french toast, pancakes and breakfast burritos!

Wayne Miller
Member Avatar
Co-Owner
A Burger And Fries ~ The Great American Lunch ~
Posted Image

Wow, Cecelia, JoLee and Nathanial you all make me hungry ~
How we got this far without a burger and fries is beyond me ~
I don't see any on this burger but I like mine with cheese please ~
I'll take that with a cold cola or a chocolate milk shake or a malt too ~
That is the great American lunch, comfort on a plate..... Oh yeah that's it alright ~
Oh man this gives me some ideas for some future posts, if you come back I'll make you hungry too ~

Catherine
Member Avatar

Posted Image
This is very favourite and popular dishes in my place.
It's absolutely great and very delicious. It's mixed of special vegetables, meat, shrimp and peanuts.
We eat this as the appetizer.
You can easily see this dishes in normal party or common wedding :)
:P Anyone want to taste this ?

Catherine
Member Avatar

Hello everybody !
Today is weekend ! what will everyone eat for today ?
Here are mine for breakfast and lunch ^^ :
Posted Image
Posted Image

susanharrison
Member Avatar

That looks gorgeous, beats my peanut butter on toast hands down.

Catherine
Member Avatar

susanharrison
Oct 27 2013, 05:47 PM
That looks gorgeous, beats my peanut butter on toast hands down.
:P an delicious too :) especially the hot spot.
You ate only peanut butter in toast for whole day ?

Glados

Yes, I agree with Susan. That does look appetizing. We had a very disappointing Chicken Noodle Soup meal for supper. Bleh is pretty much the only way to describe it. But hey, watching Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives never fails to stir the appetite for something more substantial and delicious.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Off Topic Discussion · Next Topic »
  • Pages:

All original content, graphics, Ads and writing are the copyrighted property of their respective creator and/or author. You may not copy or distribute any copyrighted materials on Affilipede, Affiliblog or Affiliforums with out the expressed written concent of it's owner. Affilipede, Affiliblog, Affiliblog2 and Affiliforums are the copyrighted property of Wayne and Nathanial Miller. © 2010 - 2016

All original content, advertisements, graphics and writings created for the purpose of promoting clients on any Social Media site, Affilipede, Affiliforums, Affiliblog and Affiliblog 2 remain the sole property of Affilipede unless transfer of that specific property takes place through a purchase arrangement between that client and Affilipede.

All original content, advertisements, graphics and writings created for the purpose of posting on any Social Media site, Affilipede, Affiliforums, Affiliblog and Affiliblog 2 remain the sole property of Affilipede unless transfer of that specific property takes place through a purchase arrangement with Affilipede.

*Affilipede and Affiliforums are Amazon Affiliates.
Google Analytics Alternative