Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Social Media Share & Follow buttons and Threads we want you to be familiar with!

Follow Affilipede!

Share this Page!

Affiliates

The Writing Hut
A Few Words From Wayne Miller To The Members Of Affiliforums
The Three Word Minimum ~ Images ~ And Sharing ~
Affilipede Is Seeking New Clients *~
Banner ad submissions
Ad Space Available on Affilipede and Affiliforums
Become an Affilipede Affiliate
General Feedback
Affiliforums ~ If You Like Us ~ Like Us On Facebook ~
Affilipede Is On Twitter Too ~ Follow Us ~
I Dare Someone To Come Forth And Show Me A Program That Really Makes Money ~
The Post That Never Ends ~ Or The Continuing Story By Everyone That Writes Next ~

Protected by Copyscape Unique Content Check
Welcome to Affiliforums. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

CLICK HERE

Are you having trouble registering? Please take a look at our simple walkthrough. CLICK HERE!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
  • Pages:
Loup-Garou Is French For Werewolf ~
Topic Started: Mar 26 2013, 11:04 PM (9,032 Views)
Wayne Miller
Member Avatar
Co-Owner
Posted Image

Loup-garou is the French word for werewolf, lycanthropes, shapeshifters. Part man, part beast, a terror that walks the night thirsting for human flesh. Capable of murder and mayhem. Tonight is the full moon. We live near the swamp. The mist rises over the farmland like a blanket of cold air. There are sounds in the mist, noises that are hard to identify. Fear lurks there in the darkness….. waiting. Only the morning sun will bring safety, only then will it be all right to venture out into the light. They hide in the night, wait for their chance, it will come, if not tonight then when the moon rises again. They hunt in packs one night, alone the next. It’s not safe, not even on the road. When they are men they plot and plan for when they are wolves and in the night they carry out their evil. Maybe you will escape this time, but next month the moon will once again become full and the danger it brings with it will once again be real.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Nathanial
Administrator
This sounds like something Edgar Allan Poe would write about... kind of reminds me of one of his poems actually even though this is not a poem lol. Interesting fact: I read this entire post in a french accent xD .

Cecelia McCarty
Member Avatar

We have a full moon once again and so far so good!
No ware wolves here!
Sorry, I can't do the French accent thing!
Cecelia McCarty

Wayne Miller
Member Avatar
Co-Owner
Posted Image

Did you know that for a long time Comic Books were banned from using werewolves in them ~

it's true ~ It's hard to get a movie about them made too. Due to watching "The Wolfman"
when I was a kid I have a fond place for them in my heart I guess ~

We all fear them deep down don't we ~ Remember ~

Even a man who is pure in heart and says his prayers by night,
may become a wolf when the wolfbane blooms and the
autumn moon is bright ~

Cecelia McCarty
Member Avatar

Posted Image

The concept of the werewolf in Western and Northern Europe is strongly influenced by the role of the wolf in Germanic paganism (e.g. the French loup-garou is ultimately a loan from the Germanic term), but there are related traditions in other parts of Europe too.

In his Man into Wolf (1948), Robert Eisler tried to cast the Indo-European tribal names meaning "wolf" or "wolf-men" in terms of the European transition from fruit gathering to predatory.

Werewolves were said in European folklore to bear tell-tale physical traits even in their human form. These included the meeting of both eyebrows at the bridge of the nose, curved fingernails, low-set ears and a swinging stride.

What do you think about werewolves? Did they exist? Do they exist? I want to know what you think.

Cecelia McCarty

Wayne Miller
Member Avatar
Co-Owner
Werewolves Exist ~ If Only In The Minds Of Men ~
Posted Image

Hi Cecelia, Werewolves exist ~ If only in the minds of men ~

I have an uncanny sixth sense and I can tell if things aren't right.
I had an incredible dog when I was younger, a German Shepard/Husky mix name Sultan.
One night while I was taking him for a walk I got this odd feeling as we passed a dark space between two houses.
Almost at the exact same time as this feeling came over me Sultan stopped, peering into the darkness.
I don't know what was there, but something was and it wasn't a man, Sultan knew it and so did I.
What was there peering back at us, I'll never know but it was as at home in the dark as I am.
Many times in my life I've thought about that night wondering what lurked in the darkness.
I'm not saying it was a werewolf ~ I'm not saying it wasn't either ~

Cecelia McCarty
Member Avatar

Posted Image

Wayne,
That just sent shivers up my spine and made me think back to my childhood when I used to be afraid of the boggey man!

I have been scared several times in my life from the "unknown" and "unseen". I will never know what exactly scared me so badly because like you, I never really saw what ever it was. I just know that there was "something" there that I was not prepared to deal with, and I ran away as fast as I could!

Cecelia McCarty

Nathanial
Administrator
Posted Image

I'm not sure where the legends for werewolves started. I don't think anybody really knows. The legends have been around since ancient Norse mythology and span the entire globe. Nearly every culture on earth has some version of the story they tell on dark and stormy nights.

Wayne Miller
Member Avatar
Co-Owner
Part Man ~ Part Wolf ~ Driven To commit Unspeakable Acts ~
Posted Image

Part man, part wolf, driven to commit unspeakable acts at the height of the full moon ~

Living in dread most of the month, then feeling a sense of terror mixed with joy ~

As you are finally released, set free..... by the full of the moon ~

Such is the tortured soul of the werewolf ~

Nathanial
Administrator
Posted Image

I read a lot about werewolves and while I can never seem to peg down one specific source for their origin I did happen upon two possible sources. One possibility is legends about viking warriors who could transform into wolves and even bears. The other is about an actual condition known as Werewolf Syndrome or Hypertrichosis which causes people to grow excessive body-wide hair.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Off Topic Discussion · Next Topic »
  • Pages:

All original content, graphics, Ads and writing are the copyrighted property of their respective creator and/or author. You may not copy or distribute any copyrighted materials on Affilipede, Affiliblog or Affiliforums with out the expressed written concent of it's owner. Affilipede, Affiliblog, Affiliblog2 and Affiliforums are the copyrighted property of Wayne and Nathanial Miller. © 2010 - 2016

All original content, advertisements, graphics and writings created for the purpose of promoting clients on any Social Media site, Affilipede, Affiliforums, Affiliblog and Affiliblog 2 remain the sole property of Affilipede unless transfer of that specific property takes place through a purchase arrangement between that client and Affilipede.

All original content, advertisements, graphics and writings created for the purpose of posting on any Social Media site, Affilipede, Affiliforums, Affiliblog and Affiliblog 2 remain the sole property of Affilipede unless transfer of that specific property takes place through a purchase arrangement with Affilipede.

*Affilipede and Affiliforums are Amazon Affiliates.
Google Analytics Alternative