Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Social Media Share & Follow buttons and Threads we want you to be familiar with!

Follow Affilipede!

Share this Page!

Affiliates

The Writing Hut
A Few Words From Wayne Miller To The Members Of Affiliforums
The Three Word Minimum ~ Images ~ And Sharing ~
Affilipede Is Seeking New Clients *~
Banner ad submissions
Ad Space Available on Affilipede and Affiliforums
Become an Affilipede Affiliate
General Feedback
Affiliforums ~ If You Like Us ~ Like Us On Facebook ~
Affilipede Is On Twitter Too ~ Follow Us ~
I Dare Someone To Come Forth And Show Me A Program That Really Makes Money ~
The Post That Never Ends ~ Or The Continuing Story By Everyone That Writes Next ~

Protected by Copyscape Unique Content Check
Welcome to Affiliforums. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

CLICK HERE

Are you having trouble registering? Please take a look at our simple walkthrough. CLICK HERE!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
  • Pages:
Magic ♥~ The Way I See It ♥~ Not Necessarily Everyone’s Point Of View ♥~
Topic Started: May 21 2013, 11:15 PM (7,923 Views)
Wayne Miller
Member Avatar
Co-Owner
Posted Image

Magic, Wikipedia lists it as “Magic (paranormal)”, they call it the art of producing a desired result. The word "magic" is derived from the Latin magicus .We hear a lot of words used in conjunction with the word “Magic”, words like spells, rituals, incantations. We often see it defined as “The Paranormal”. “The Supernatural” or “Forces of Nature”. Often it’s associated with alchemy and religion. Magic is often viewed with suspicion and spoken about in secret. Some modern “Witches” still claim to have the power to cast spells.We all have our Ouija board stories and everyone has had their Tarot Cards read. If we showed a caveman a cigarette lighter or a kite, he would proclaim that it’s magic. When we don’t see magic referred to in these terms it’s often because we also view it as a form of entertainment, who hasn’t heard of Harry Houidini, Siegfried and Roy, David Blaine, or Criss Angel? We’re all amazed when one of these people performs an act of magic before our very eyes.

To me there is another kind of magic. The magic of the soul. The way I feel when I hear the laughter of childen or a woman’s sweet voice. The way I remember what it was like to look deep into the eyes of someone I loved.

Posted Image

The magic of wonder, I am still filled with it when I watch a dragonfly or a humming bird fly. I experience it still in the most furious moments of a lightning storm as the thunder rolls.

Posted Image

I remember what it was like to watch my childern be born, I was filled with wonder and I will always remember it because it was magic.

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Cecelia McCarty
Member Avatar

Wayne,

Often you take me completely by surprise by how willing you are
to share your inner feelings.

Reading your story about magic just brought tears to my eyes.

Thank you for being real and letting us know you in this very
special way.

Cecelia McCarty

Nathanial
Administrator
Posted Image

Then there's reading stories about the fantastic or majestic or watching movies. giving the gift of imagination. To imagine the impossible is possible! :D

Wayne Miller
Member Avatar
Co-Owner
Posted Image

Crystal balls, Tarot cards, Abbaracadabbara, Now you see it ~ Now you you don't ~

Posted Image

WE all have our own idea of what magic is and what it means to us ~

For me there is that magic moment right at sunset when you look into the eyes of someone you love
and see the reflection of the sunset as they look back at you and just for a moment there is that magic sparkle
that you will never see any other time in your life ~

Posted Image

That is a rare and magical moment that will live on only in your mind and your heart
and it can never be duplicated ~

Wayne Miller
Member Avatar
Co-Owner
Posted Image

Have you seen "The Avengers" ~

I know it's a Super hero movie ~

There's a line in the movie that struck me though ~

Black Widow is Talking to Hawkeye and he's about to be rough on himself ~

He'd done some bad things while he was under a spell that Loki had cast on him ~

Black Widow told him "Don't ~ This is magic and monsters and nothing we were ever trained for" ~

I know that we never have to fight "The Incredible Hulk" or armies from another dimension ~

Still there have been times in my life when it would have fit right into what was happening ~

Cecelia McCarty
Member Avatar

Posted Image

This is a beach in the Maldives called Vaadhoo.

The Maldives a one of those mystical and very magical places that are considered Heaven on Earth.

This is a photo of the Blue tide at night in Vaadhoo.

This is magical to me and I hope you enjoy it too!

Cecelia McCarty

Julie
Member Avatar

It's a shame how many people don't realize the magic present in their everyday lives. Multiple studies show that most Americans are depressed, anxious, stressed or otherwise uncomfortable in their skin. Is this a result of our competitive, fast-paced society? Dying economy? So much technology? Do we really have the time to appreciate the magic around us?

Cecelia McCarty
Member Avatar

Posted Image

We are surrounded by magic. All you have to do is STOP
focusing on you and start looking at the amazing world
around you.

Here is a simple butterfly. Yet when you take a moment to
really look at it you can see a ballerina on toe in its repose.

Cecelia McCarty

Nathanial
Administrator
While I don't personally believe in magic, the supernatural or anything like that... I am a huge fan of magic and illusionists. One of my favorites is always going to be Criss Angel. I've always been pretty good at spotting how a lot of tricks are done, thanks in large part to Pen and Teller and shows like theirs where they reveal how a trick is done. But it is simply beyond me to explain the vast majority of Criss's tricks. I have no idea how he does the following trick for instance.

Wayne Miller
Member Avatar
Co-Owner
Hi Cecelia,
You're post is awesome, but it belongs in "Talent Is All Around us"
Please go back to the very first post I posted and read it
This discussion was about a different kind of magic *~

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Off Topic Discussion · Next Topic »
  • Pages:

All original content, graphics, Ads and writing are the copyrighted property of their respective creator and/or author. You may not copy or distribute any copyrighted materials on Affilipede, Affiliblog or Affiliforums with out the expressed written concent of it's owner. Affilipede, Affiliblog, Affiliblog2 and Affiliforums are the copyrighted property of Wayne and Nathanial Miller. © 2010 - 2016

All original content, advertisements, graphics and writings created for the purpose of promoting clients on any Social Media site, Affilipede, Affiliforums, Affiliblog and Affiliblog 2 remain the sole property of Affilipede unless transfer of that specific property takes place through a purchase arrangement between that client and Affilipede.

All original content, advertisements, graphics and writings created for the purpose of posting on any Social Media site, Affilipede, Affiliforums, Affiliblog and Affiliblog 2 remain the sole property of Affilipede unless transfer of that specific property takes place through a purchase arrangement with Affilipede.

*Affilipede and Affiliforums are Amazon Affiliates.
Google Analytics Alternative